Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Thanksgiving 2014

This year we spent Thanksgiving in Oklahoma at my mother-in-law's. As usual, while Tony finished up at the office, I packed the car. Monster was ready to hit the road.


Road trip food. Chole and saag roti wraps from Natural Grocers.


Hail Merry chocolate chip cookie dough macaroons.


Thanksgiving morning, we woke up early to fix the meal. Dandy Blend in alma mater coffee mug.


Monster had a sense of the feasting which lay ahead.


My plate: broccoli rice casserole, sweet potatoes, corn, mashed potatoes, and roll. Not pictured, salad and crudites.


My mother-in-law does not mess around when it comes to pie. We had coconut, pumpkin and pecan to choose from. I sampled them all of course.


Silly girl.


Cousin time.


Thanksgiving evening, Tony and I drove around OKC to look at Christmas lights. A lot of the storefronts were completely covered, like this one.


Sparkly trees.


Giant ornament.


There was more than one.


The rest of our visit was spent laying around the house doing not much of anything. 

Jackson did a little tech support.


Olivia received a Monster High make-up kit and used the entire thing of eyeshadow in one sitting.


Lego assembly teamwork.


Happy, happy days.


I love having Tony off work, and Jackson off school, and all of us being together for the week, relaxing and spending time together. Hanging out with my mother-in-law is a bonus. I could not have asked for a better Thanksgiving. 



No comments:

Post a Comment