Monday, August 12, 2013

July Vegan Cuts Snack Box

I was such a fan of the Vegan Cuts snack box I was sent a few months ago that I ended up subscribing to the service for the month of July. Here's what I received.

Snapea Crisps. I was pleasantly surprised by the Cheeto-like texture (not flavor) of these crisps. I'm not sure how green peas are transformed into these crunchy little snacks, but they are good. I also received a buy-1-get-1 coupon. 


Macro Greens cinnamon chocolate superfood bar. Jackson and Olivia made short work of this fortified snack bar. I convinced them to let me try a bite and can confirm that it's like a chocolatey, cinnamony brownie.


Lady Jane toasted hemp seeds. Looking forward to sprinkling these on my next salad.. I like the nutty flavor of hemp seeds.


Seaweed Love roasted seaweed snacks. I don't care to snack on seaweed; to me it has a fishy aftertaste. Tony loves the stuff, however. He said these were good and tasted the same as the ones he buys at the Asian market. 


Food Should Taste Good multigrain chips. I tucked this snack in my bag for a playdate...Jackson and Olivia give it a thumbs up.


Nature's Bakery fig bar with whole wheat, peach and apricot. My favorite snack out of the whole box. Much more tender and moist than a Fig Newton. I'll buy a box of these next time I see them at the store.


Funky Monkey "Jivealime" chips. Made from freeze-dried pineapple and lime juice. Jackson and Olivia actually said these crunchy fruit treats were too sweet. 


Smooze coconut milk fruit ice. I'm not sure why this is still in my freezer! I need to eat it up.


Viana vegan sausage stick. Jackson wolfed this down and asked for more.


Eat Green Tea supplement...supposed to contain the same amount of antioxidants as 30 cups of green tea. Haven't tried it yet.


So there we go. I like that you can subscribe to Vegan Cuts on a month-by-month basis. If money is tight, you can cancel and pick it up again when you can afford to splurge on snacks. So it's a very low-commitment way to try a bunch of vegan items you may not be able to find locally.

Jackson hard at work...


No comments:

Post a Comment