Thursday, August 22, 2013

Skating/Testers

The August sun is zapping my ability to come up with catchy post titles. It's also preventing us from doing anything outdoors. This has turned into the Summer of Skating.

All the little kids use these walkers, which kinda cracks me up.


The first time we went, Olivia used the plastic baby skates that lock. She complained that she couldn't go fast enough. So this time, I let her get real roller skates. She was so proud.


I've made a few testers this week for Joni's new book geared towards new vegans. 

Squash Sloppy Joes. Made with summer squash, served open-faced with a sprinkling of nutritional yeast.


Herb Roasted Potatoes. The herbs form a crunchy crust. These smell great while they are roasting.


Sweet and Smoky Tempeh Strips. This is seriously the best tempeh bacon I've ever eaten.


Perfect on pumpernickel/rye swirl bread with lettuce, tomato and Veganaise.



1 comment:

  1. I'm working through Joni testers too.. just had the noodle bowl for dinner.
    I really want to make those tempeh strips too. The potatoes look great.

    ReplyDelete