Friday, August 2, 2013

Three Meals Out

Just gonna be lazy here and roll three restaurant meals into one post.

1. Pecan Street Brewing in Johnson City. We stopped here with my parents on the way home from a visit to Fredericksburg. Jackson and Olivia were a fan of the coloring books and lunchbox full of crayons, which kept them occupied until the food came.


I ordered the Pomegranate Salad with greens, almonds, cranberries, red onions, and goat cheese, with pomegranate vinaigrette. I couldn't ask for much more in a salad and the pomegranate was an original choice.


Because I can't live on salad alone, I ordered the day's special appetizer, a giant soft pretzel with honey mustard. It was the perfect companion to my salad.


2. Weekend lunch at Casa Chapala, which has a nice selection of vegetarian offerings. I ordered the Grilled Portobello Mushroom Tacos because they're not something I can get everywhere. The mushrooms were soft but not mushy, and nicely seasoned. I also enjoyed the side of calabacitas (sauteed zucchini and summer squash.)


Remind me never to order another Casa Chapala at 1 p.m.  Lightweight Mama was useless for the next couple of hours.


3. Thai Cuisine, a perennial lunch-with-Daddy favorite because it is A. near Tony's work and B. has a soup/salad/appetizer bar to tide you over while you wait for your entree. The bar usually includes veggie eggrolls, but not this time. That caused a moment of sadness, but the spring rolls with peanut sauce helped fill the void.


I had the Thai Ginger, with tofu, mushrooms, carrots, bell peppers, and of course a ton of ginger, thinly sliced into little slivers. A terrific lunch as always.


While in Fredericksburg, we were led by small hands into a toy store that had a child-size drum set assembled in the entryway. You know what happened next.


Rock!


No comments:

Post a Comment