Thursday, August 8, 2013

Rock Stars

Well I did it...I signed up for Vegan MoFo 2013! Are you mofo'ing this year? I've been on hiatus -- I participated in 2010, dropped out halfway through in 2011, and skipped 2012 completely. But this year I'm feeling ready. I even have a theme! All throughout September, I'll be cooking recipes from Sarah Kramer's How It All Vegan, The Garden of Vegan, and La Dolce Vegan. They are the cookbooks which first brought veganism to my attention, so why not give them some love and appreciation?

Today we met up with friends for lunch at Elevation Burger. We love their vegan burgers. They seem smaller and/or lighter than other veggie burgers around town. It's not a critique, just an observation. I prefer not feeling stuffed after finishing my lunch! We've also learned that one order of fries is plenty for Jackson, Olivia and me to share.


Tire swings are hard to manage solo. Luckily, a couple of little friends joined Olivia after this photo was taken.


Tonight, we dusted off our old Rock Star video game and let the kids have a go at it. Olivia tried to play along and get a high score. I see guitar lessons in her future.


Jackson, on the other hand, just wanted to rock out and yell at the top of his lungs. Lead singer potential for sure.


1 comment: