Monday, January 9, 2012

Dos Batos

The night before we left on our holiday road trip, I didn't feel like dirtying up the kitchen. Tony suggested Dos Batos, where he sometimes eats lunch with his work friends.


We started out with a trio of salsa, guacamole, and queso. The guac had a bit of spicy heat to it, which is unusual, but it worked. The salsa was served hot, which I have never experienced before. It took some getting used to. I didn't like it with the tortilla chips, but it was delicious when I poured it over my taco.


I ordered the Ostin, a veggie taco, minus the cheese. It looked huge, but somehow I ate the whole thing. It was filled with portabello mushroom, onions, red and green bell peppers, and avocado. What makes it awesome is that the veggies are woodfired, which gives them a smoky flavor.


Livi looked so serious while sipping her juice box. I guess she didn't appreciate this dude staring at her while she ate.


Dos Batos' menu is pretty limited and the veggie taco is the only meatless option, but it's a damn good veggie taco. I'd go back and eat it again for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment