Monday, August 2, 2010

Spinach Lasagna

So I'm still revisiting How It All Vegan this week...I think it's a crime that I've only made this spinach lasagna once before. It definitely must become part of the regular rotation. This is my idea of a Sunday dinner, something that takes a little more preparation but the result, in terms of presentation and taste, is worth it. I made the red sauce early in the day, and while it was simmering, I pureed the tofu ricotta. Before dinner, all I had to do was cook the noodles, assemble the lasagna and stick it in the oven.





I don’t care for vegan cheese (even Daiya!) so I topped my lasagna with a “parmesan” mixture that I make for salads, pizza, etc.

"Parmesan" shakey-shake
1/4 cup almonds
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
1/4 tsp. salt
Combine all in a food processor and pulverize until it resembles shaker parmesan cheese.

I loved all the different veggies in every bite: the spinach of course, and also the mushrooms, carrots and onions in the sauce. Jackson happily ate a big piece, which sort of surprised me. He does enjoy his spinach (I craved it all the time when pregnant with him!), but I can't remember the last time I saw him willingly eat a carrot. That's another reason to make this lasagna more than once every few years!

No comments:

Post a Comment