Friday, August 14, 2015

August Already

Summer has flown by! And that makes me happy. I always look forward to cooler weather and the holidays. Although I do enjoy spending this time with Jackson and Olivia while they are out of school. Here is what we've been up to since our New Orleans vacation. One evening I had a girls' night at Gourmands Pub. They are known for their sandwiches so I had the roasted tomato soup in a bread bowl, along with 1/2 Cleopatra sandwich with havarti, olives, poblano peppers, cucumber, sprouts, and avocado. It came with homemade pickled veggies and chips. I devoured it all!


I had to take a pic of this mural next to the parking lot. "I'm your huckleberry."


Too hot to play outside, ugh. I have been relaxed about screen time rules.


Monster loves Olivia so much, he tolerates playing dress up.


My weird shaped cucumbers seem like they are just about done for the season. 


Vegan on the Cheap Almost Instant Chickpea-Tomato Soup, I usually have pantry ingredients on hand to to make this.


Vegan Richa's Tempeh Tikka Masala, lots of fresh tomato taste! I just picked up her cookbook. What should I make first?


Oh She Glows 15-Minute Creamy Avocado Pasta, another fast favorite. Salad with Amy's Goddess dressing on the side.


Quick lunch -- horseradish hummus, Mary's flax crackers, carrots.


Roasted Brussels, a special treat for me and Olivia.


1 comment: