Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Groceries


I like seeing other people's grocery hauls occasionally, so I figured I would post mine. Not all the groceries I bought this week, just the fun stuff I guess.

Four pounds of strawberries! Oh, Costco. You know my children's hearts.


Freaky Siamese twin strawberry!


Jackson was ready to tear into the strawberries, but we had some blueberries and watermelon in the fridge that needed to be finished off first. 


Other Costco goodies include green olives, maple syrup, smoked almonds, and chia fruit/veggie pouches.


Next stop, Natural Grocers: cashew butter, almond butter, Earth Balance, sunflower seed crackers, red lentils, medjool dates, spelt flour, and oat flour.


We also popped into the Indian market to get some spices: whole fenugreek, whole coriander, cardamom powder, cardamom seeds, kalonji (nigella), and ajwain. I was making Ethiopian food, not Indian, but the two cuisines share many spices in common and I was able to find everything I needed even though there is no African market here in Austin.


After putting groceries away, a little baking happened. I made a big batch of granola (from 1000 Vegan Recipes) for Tony to take to work in the mornings. Homemade is so much cheaper than buying it at the work cafeteria!


I also made Apple Spice Hemp Muffins from Dreena Burton's newest, Plant-Powered Families. I can already tell that I will treasure this cookbook as much as I do all her others. She feeds her family the way I want to feed my family, you know? These muffins will be Jackson and Olivia's breakfasts this week.


Hope you have an awesome day!

No comments:

Post a Comment