Friday, July 17, 2015

Thai Fresh for the First Time

I had been wanting to go to Thai Fresh for so long and finally we made it down there for lunch! I absolutely loved it and Tony says it is his new favorite Thai place. So there you go. Why do we deny ourselves for so long the things we are destined to love? Is that a Gandhi quote? No, but I bet it's been attributed to him on Facebook once or twice.


Thai Fresh offers two flavors of local Wunder-Pilz kombucha on tap, Heart and Elixir. I went with Heart (white tea, hibiscus, hawthorn, reishi, cardamom.)


Thai Fresh has a somewhat confusing ordering system for first-timers. See, there are two separate spaces, a restaurant and a coffee shop. But there is no waitstaff in the restaurant, so you have to go in the coffee shop and place your order at the counter. A lot of the Yelp reviews talk about the staff being rude and distracted, but I think maybe they are just frazzled from trying to run a coffee shop while also taking restaurant orders. Our guy seemed distracted and forgot my kombucha. I wasn't sure if they were going to bring it to me or what, so I finally went back and asked, and he got it for me.

Here's where I admit I am a dummy who accidentally deleted pics of my own food. I had the most wonderful Tom Yum soup for a starter. It was spicy yet sour, with lemongrass, mushrooms, garlic, tomatoes, and other goodness, in a clear broth.

I wanted to try the Papaya Salad since I've never had one, but it could not be made vegan. The search continues.

I had the Pad Prik King, green beans and tofu in red curry with kaffir lime leaves. It was sublime! Sublime I tell you.

Tony had the rice soup with tofu, chock full of mushrooms, garlic and cilantro. It was a very mild soup that the kids also liked.


Thankfully I did not delete the dessert pics. Just as important as the meal! The coffee shop has its own bakery and ice cream counter and many if not most of the desserts are vegan. I did not know where to begin! I went with the matcha cream cake. So amaze. I love matcha!


I also grabbed a grasshopper brownie to take home. I love mint and chocolate. Tony is not a fan. Where do you stand on this important issue?


We also sampled several flavors of the vegan ice cream. I can't remember off the top of my head what all we tried, but the matcha and Thai iced tea were my favorites. 


I can't wait to go back and it should not be hard at all to convince Tony.

All that eating took a lot out of us. My sweet boy resting with his baby.


No comments:

Post a Comment