Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Vegan MoFo Day 8: French Toast and Sushi


Rocky from The Vegg sent me a sample of this new vegan egg yolk substitute, along with an adorable little cookbook. And, guys, if you haven't tried The Vegg yet, it's pretty awesome. I made French toast for me and the kids for breakfast, and it tasted exactly like the egg-dipped French toast my mom made when I was young. Savory/sweet, crispy on the edges and tender in the middle. Jackson and Olivia loved it; so did I.


For lunch we used a Groupon for Roll On Sushi. We started out with edamame, Jackson and Olivia's favorite green finger food. I also ordered a small wakame seaweed and cucumber salad which was dressed with rice vinegar and was soooo good.


Out of curiousity, I had to order the Fruity Vegan roll -- tempura fried japalenos on the inside, avocado on the outside, topped with strawberry mango salsa. I'm pleased that they offer a vegan option that's out of the ordinary, but the flavor combination didn't quite do it for me.


The Hippie roll, filled with cucumber, asparagus, avocado and root vegetables, was more my jam. I guess I'm a veggie sushi traditionalist. Overall a good meal and a kid-friendly establishment, so we're likely to return and try their rice bowls.




No comments:

Post a Comment