Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Vegan MoFo Day 14: Dragon Hunters



This morning we went in search of a dragon named Draka. I heard about this mythical creature over the weekend and knew we had to seek her out.


Draka is an art car built from an old van and two trailers. Apparently she won some awards in her day and made some trips to Burning Man. Now she sits abandoned in a produce distributor's parking lot.


I've lived in Austin for several years, and yet there never seems to be a shortage of unique stuff like Draka to go check out. It's one of the things I love about living here.


For dinner I made calzones, using the Calzone Dough recipe from The Garden of Vegan.


I filled them with faux pepperoni (recipe from Vegan on the Cheap), tofu ricotta, and spinach, and served them with marinara for dipping. The dough was easy to work with; they turned out great and we'll definitely make them again, since the variety of fillings is practically endless.

No comments:

Post a Comment