Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Vegan MoFo Day 4: Back to School


Jackson started back to school this week. The house feels oddly quiet when he's there, after having my energetic little man home all summer. But he is only going two days a week, so we still have plenty of time together.


And while he is learning and playing with his friends, I get some one-on-one time with Olivia. After we drop Jackson off, we take Monster for a walk around the block and talk about whatever is on her mind.


Our back-to-school dinner was the Veggie Pot Pie from La Dolce Vegan. I have been making this pot pie for years; it's a comfort food favorite and the buttery, flaky crust can't be beat.


I also made a spinach salad with Maple Dijon Flax Oil Dressing from The Garden of Vegan. I will occasionally impulse-buy flax oil and then forget to use it. I think it's because it needs to be refrigerated, and I am so used to just reaching in the pantry and grabbing the olive oil. This dressing was a good reason to get my bottle out of the fridge, as well as being light and tasty.












No comments:

Post a Comment