Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Vegan MoFo Day 18: Brunch in Oklahoma City


This past weekend we visited my mother-in-law in Oklahoma. Always a relaxing and fun time. This visit included a trip to the toy store so Grandma could spoil Jackson and Olivia with some new toys, including a hundred little green and gray army men.


One morning we met some friends for brunch at Picasso Cafe in Oklahoma City. Right away, I was digging the mix-your-own-mimosa setup.


I had the Chicken-Fried Portabella with white sage gravy, home fries, and grilled asparagus. If you don't know what chicken-fried means (I didn't until I lived in Oklahoma), it refers to taking a piece of meat, like steak, and breading it and frying it, like fried chicken. In this case, a portabella mushroom was substituted. It was so good -- crispy, crunchy breading on the outside and hot, juicy mushroom on the inside. The home fries and asparagus were excellent as well.


1 comment:

  1. I thought Chicken fried steak was Texan; it is the evolution of the Austrian schnitzel! Nice looking plate :)

    ReplyDelete