Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Phara's Mediterranean Cuisine

Recently I met some friends for dinner at Phara's. Although the restaurant interior is small and dark, it opens onto a large, beautifully decorated patio courtyard, which is where we dined. 


I had the mezze sampler plate, which came with dolmades, tabouli, baba ganoush, hummus, yogurt, and pita bread.  My friend Carey ordered the sampler as well, and we both noticed that the baba ganoush and tabouli both had a slightly sweet, spicy flavor...maybe cinnamon or nutmeg. The hummus was absolutely one of the best I've ever tasted, thick and full of flavor.


A talented belly dancer came out to the courtyard a couple of different times to entertain us. I kind of want to take a belly dancing class now. It looks fun! 


As the sun set, the Moroccan lamps and multicolored Christmas lights strung everywhere created a beautiful, serene atmosphere.


I had only dined at Phara's once before, years ago when it was called by a different name. Tonight's meal showed me that I definitely need to return again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment