Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Super Nachos

We've spent lots of time outside the past couple days. The kids love the new water table I got them. They don't want to come inside...but sometimes they need to come in and take a shower! I took these photos when they first started playing, but don't be fooled by their relative cleanliness. Within minutes, they were stripped down to nothing (because their clothes were soaking wet) and covered in mud and grass! It's amazing how filthy kids can get while they are playing in water, haha.



For dinner last night I made super nachos with my chickpea refried "beans" and they were awesome. Besides the beans, I layered them with avocado, black olives, lettuce, tomato, cheezy sauce, and salsa. Next time, I am going to make them even more super by adding scallions and pickled jalapenos. What are your favorite nacho toppings?


I'm looking forward to my first yoga class in awhile tonight. Love my little guys, but I also need some baby-free time to decompress. Hope you have a good night!

3 comments:

  1. Let's see, on my nachos I like refried beans, lettuce, tomato, onion, guacamole, black olives, some roasted corn, some whole beans (for texture) and green tomatillo salsa. Believe it or not, but I've been vegan for almost four years and I've never tried a vegan "cheesy" sauce. I just haven't got around to making one. Lol! But yeah, nachos are one of my favorite things to make. I love 'em!

    Also, you might want to check your email. You might have won something. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That water table looks like so much fun! I can just imagine how much they love it.

    For nachos, I usually just have refried beans, salsa and avocado. Boring, but delicious. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like nachos with daiya, sour supreme, fresh salsa, guacamole, olives, tomatoes, scallions---oh pretty much everything!

    ReplyDelete