Monday, May 16, 2011

Bizzy Bizzy

How was your weekend? I had a great one. Tony and I have decided to try something new. For at least part of the day on Saturday or Sunday, we will split up and do our own thing for awhile, each taking one kiddo along. This will give us some quality bonding time with Jackson and Olivia individually.

Saturday morning, Olivia and I headed for the downtown farmer's market. It was really fun. The market has grown a lot in the past couple years. We walked around taking in everything. I was excited to see that several stalls had vegan offerings, and there was even an all-vegan baked goods tent. We shared a vegan oatmeal pie for a snack.

Next we went to a little bookstore/art gallery to check out a show. The subject was the art of secret societies, such as the Masons. I don't know anything about Masons, but there was some creepy symbolism going on, for sure. You can see some of it here.  Olivia isn't too interested in art yet, but she was happy to be out and about. And I think she enjoyed not having to vie for attention with her brother.

After that, we were going to get lunch, but Olivia fell asleep in the car, so we just went home and ate leftovers when she woke up. Then she "helped" me work on my new little garden. OK, mostly she just played in the dirt.


I don't have any pics from our girls' outing because Tony took the camera, to take pictures of Jackson at the firehouse open house they attended. Jackson is OBSESSED with fire trucks. He loved it.





It was awesome to spend time with my little lady getting to know her better, and I am glad Jackson got to bond with his daddy and see some big fire trucks, too.

That night, we took a walk in our old neighborhood. Not much has changed. I always loved the eccentric ways people decorate their yards.




Yep, that is somebody's front yard with a goat in it. I took Jackson for walks past this goat every day when he was a baby. I'm glad it's still around, chillin and munching on hay.

On Sunday, we took the kids to the playground at Whole Foods. They love the slide.


For dinner I made Singapore Noodles, from 1000 Vegan Recipes. Really light and delicious.


Today I'm running some errands with the kids, and then I'm attending a yoga nidra class tonight. I usually do hatha yoga, but yoga nidra is something I like to do once in awhile for relaxation and stress relief. You just lie there and the instructor takes you through a guided meditation. I swear, it's like a massage for your brain.

Have a great week!


1 comment:

  1. Yoga Nidra sounds like something I could use sometimes!

    I have 1000 Vegan Recipes, so I'll have to look up the Singapore Noodles. It looks really good!

    ReplyDelete