Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Another Hummus Recipe

Monster had a fine birthday yesterday.


Jackson helped me make some gingerbread cookie dog treats. We got the recipe from Vegan Flower.


Monster loved them.


Jackson, well, he loved them too. The kid still tries to eat out of Monster's kibble bowl from time to time, so I guess that does not surprise me.

We also prepared something for us humans to munch on. Should I rename this blog Busy Hummus Mama? I can't help it -- my kids love the stuff and so do I. This would probably also be delicious on a pizza, topped with some lovely fresh veggies.


Tomato Basil Hummus

1 15-oz. can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes (not the oil-packed kind)
1/4 cup fresh basil
2 cloves garlic
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1/4 tsp. salt
1/3 cup water (or more as needed)

Blend chickpeas through salt in food processor. Stream in 1/3 cup water until hummus reaches desired consistency. Add more if needed.

Enjoy, and have a lovely Wednesday. I was gonna take the kids to a splash pad, but it doesn't open until this weekend. We'll find something else to do outside. Olivia has decided she does not like wearing her sun hat, so here she is yesterday with sunscreen rubbed onto her little scalp. Punk rock baby!

2 comments:

  1. Aw, I'm glad to hear that both Monster and the kids enjoyed the treats! lol Too cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oliva really knows how to kick back and relax.

    ReplyDelete