Friday, May 20, 2011

Mmm Sauce and Weekend Plans

Last night I roasted some veggies, chickpeas and tofu at 400 degrees for 40 minutes. I marinated the tofu first in a simple soy sauce/olive oil/garlic powder marinade.


Then the finishing touch...Mama Pea's Mmm Sauce.


Wow, this sauce good. It's like a creamy curry sauce. When you have to stop and remind yourself that food processor blades are sharp and you shouldn't lick them clean, you know it's good stuff.

Again sorry for the wonky pics. I'm hoping my new camera arrives soon. The memory card arrived yesterday but the camera was shipped separately. I hope it comes today because I would like to take pictures this weekend. I have some neat things planned.

On Saturday, Tony and I are going on a date. Amazing. It's been about a year since we went on a real, actual date, at night. We're going to see Bridesmaids at a movie theater that serves food and beer. Have you seen Bridesmaids? I keep hearing how funny it is, and it seems like my kind of humor.  I hope the theater has some good vegan options. Although, as I've said before, I'm not a strict vegan when dining out or at other people's homes (my own cooking is 100% vegan.) That doesn't mean I will go to a restaurant and order cheese enchiladas covered in queso (gross) but I don't ask about every ingredient, either. Some do, and that's cool!  

On Sunday, Olivia and I are having girl time. We are going to check out a craft fair. I love our new weekend tradition of spending one-on-one time with my little lady.

What fun things are you doing this weekend? Have a good one!



1 comment:

  1. Just carefully wrote down the MMMM Sauce recipe. Can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete