Monday, August 11, 2014

Frozen in Real Life

Sorry for the disappearance. I was on "single parent" duty all last week, as Tony's job required him to practically live at the convention center downtown 24-7. We did get to visit him.


Now the kids think that watching robots play basketball is what Daddy does at work all day.


We ate some not-at-all-healthy meals, such as the fried veggie plate at Boat House Grill, for a lunch playdate with friends.


But I did cook some evenings. Tempeh Stroganoff from 30-Minute Vegan's Taste of Europe was enjoyed by all. I served it over quinoa instead of pasta because I seem to serve everything over quinoa these days. Thank you, giant 5-lb. sack of Costco quinoa.


The highlight of the week for Jackson and Olivia was the Frozen sing-along at the book store.


I now know the sound of 100+ small voices singing/shouting the words to "Let It Go" in unison (well, mostly in unison.)


Afterwards, Princess Olivia and Sir Jackson got to meet Elsa and Anna. Jackson even gave Elsa a hug. Say what now? A special night for us all.






2 comments:

  1. I love that picture of the tempeh stroganoff. It looks good and simple. Maybe my kids would go for it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Andrew, thanks so much for commenting, since it led me to your blog. I can't believe I've been unaware of it until now! Going to read back through your archives now :)

      Delete