Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Dimassi's

Olivia is in the midst of her second summer of swim lessons. Jackson is swimming on his own at this point, after three years of lessons, so now it's sister's turn. Being a Piscean water baby, she is loving it so far.


While Tony was working at the convention center, I took the kids to dinner at Dimassi's, a Mediterranean buffet. As soon as I saw the huge trough of hummus, I was like, "Why haven't I been here until now?"


It was all delicious. It didn't taste like "buffet food" can sometimes taste...you know, like it's been reheated too many times and picked up weird flavors. Everything tasted fresh and seemed pretty healthy, not greasy. Let me see if I can name off everything I sampled: hummus, baba ganoush, falafel, tabouli, spinach, green beans, okra, cauliflower, dolmades, and pita bread with some kind of herb/seed topping. I could have just eaten that bread with a bowl of hummus and been happy, but it was all great.


We had to try all the desserts: rice pudding, apricot shortbread, and baklava. Man, I love baklava. I need to make some at home, soon.


Now I feel the responsibility to bring Tony to Dimassi's, because ever since our trip to Detroit he has been lamenting the lack of good Greek/Mediterranean eats in Austin. So we will return soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment