Thursday, August 28, 2014

Birthday Boy

So I already mentioned how Jackson celebrated his sixth birthday up in Oklahoma with his cousins. We tried to make the actual day special for him, too, in a more low-key sense. He woke up to presents from my parents and my brother and sister-in-law.


I made some special breakfast butterflies for him and Olivia, using the Sinfully Wholesome Waffles from Isa Does It for the "wings."


Later, a birthday dinner at his favorite restaurant, Chuy's. Celebratory margaritas for Mama and Daddy.


I ordered my usual combination of salad and veggie enchilada.



Jackson was a little startled when the servers gathered around our table to sing to him. But an ice cream treat brought a smile back to his face.


Throughout our meal we were kept company by a little cat who wandered around on the patio and found some stray salsa bowls to lick clean.


Happy birthday, Jackson! Six is going to be filled with many adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment