Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Brunchkins

Jackson and Olivia decided to begin their day early, rising before 7 a.m.  So I put them to work helping me make a big breakfast.


Curried Cauliflower Frittata from Vegan Brunch. I could've diced the cauliflower more finely to make it more attractive, but it tasted great.


Home fries with fennel. Sauteed fennel is the bomb! It turns soft and sweet.


Finally, crepes filled with vegan Nutella and topped with bananas and powdered sugar. My tips for making crepes: don't be in a rush to flip them. They will let you know they're ready by coming loose from the bottom of the pan. Also, count on throwing away your first crepe. It's not gonna be pretty.


I used a recipe from The Vegg cookbook for the crepes. If you own this cookbook...the recipe made four crepes, and since the first one doesn't turn out, I recommend doubling the recipe if you're cooking for others besides yourself.

It's always a fun challenge to make crepes, and this was my first time using black salt, which adds an "eggy" flavor to vegan dishes. I found it at the Indian market. 


By the time my munchkins finished helping me, it was more of a brunch than a breakfast, but we were too busy stuffing our faces to worry about labels.



1 comment:

  1. The picture of you guys is so cute! I love breakfast food so much.

    ReplyDelete