Friday, March 29, 2013

Egg Hunters

Today we went to an Easter egg hunt at the rec center. I wasn't sure how the kids would react to Mr. Easter Bunny, but after he handed them some candy, they were BFF's.


On your marks, get set, go!


Lightning fast!


Olivia actually filled her basket more quickly than Jackson. She explained that her flip-flops helped her run super fast.


After bagging up our loot and recycling the eggs, we headed to the Vegan Nom for lunch. The Vegan Nom is a vegan taco trailer that, for some inexplicable reason, we had yet to try.

We started off with chips and queso, $3.


Olivia had a breakfast taco with tofu scramble and tempeh bacon, served with 3 kinds of salsa. Only $2!


Jackson chose the Jalisco, with faux-chicken, onions, red peppers, and vegan cheese, $4. 


I had the Ranchera Luna, $4, with tofu scramble, spinach, sprouts, vegan cheese, and chipotle sauce. I could tell that the cheese was Daiya, and since I don't like Daiya, I will have to remember to order my tacos without cheese next time I go.


And I hope that next time is soon! I don't normally include prices with my restaurant posts, but I'm totally impressed that I can get a delicious, filling, healthy vegan lunch for about $6 at this trailer. 

1 comment: