Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Summer Fun

It's hard to believe August is already here. Last summer seemed to drag on forever, with 83 days of temperatures over 100 degrees. This summer has been much milder and we have been spending as much of it outdoors as we comfortably can.

Jackson and Olivia love their kiddie pool. I find myself wishing I'd bought a slightly bigger one so I could get in and have a soak as well!



Sometimes I don't want to cramp their fun by calling them inside while I cook dinner. Or, I just don't want to turn on the oven! So we end up eating out.

One afternoon we had veggie burgers at Mr. Natural. Now, it makes me sad to say this because Mr. Natural does some things really well (like their dinner cafeteria line and all their vegan Mexican food), but their veggie burger is nothing special, and the fries were too greasy. 

One evening, Tony had to work late, so we headed downtown and got slices of veggie pizza at Whole Foods. We carried our dinner up to the rooftop and ate in the fresh air.


Then we hit the playscape.




How is your summer going?


4 comments:

  1. Hey, I would just elbow my way in to that kiddie pool! I can't believe that humongous slice of pizza you got at Whole Foods! And, yours has a play area? Lucky! Our summer is fun, too, but being in Sacramento, it's been pretty hot. We're expecting 106 degree heat this week. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. how fun! gosh, i'm glad that this summer has been milder than last summer! phew! lovin that pizza:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great that you're having a milder summer. Ours has been pretty brutal- very humid and hotter than usual.

    That's really cool that you can eat on the roof of Whole Foods! I wish the one in Milwaukee had that. Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun summer you are having! I love being able to dine outside, how cool that you get to do so on the roof! Bummer about the veggie burger but it looks like the pizza made up for it! Your kids are such cuties :)

    ReplyDelete