Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Grandparents

My parents visited last week. They are very close to buying a home here. It will be nice when they get moved and the kids can spend more time with them. Olivia loves to sit and have Grandma fix her hair.


When I was little, my mom would braid my hair before I went to bed, so it would be wavy when I woke up. She hasn't lost her touch.

My parents always like to eat at Magnolia whenever they're in town. I had the stir fry with veggies and tofu. Always a good pick, and plenty of leftovers for lunch the next day!


Being from Detroit, the Texas summer heat is always an adjustment for my mom and dad. We did a lot of indoor activities to stay cool. One morning we hung out at the mall play area.



On my parents' last evening in town, we had dinner at Kerbey Lane. I had the cherry cheesecake pancakes.


Olivia had French toast. "Mommy, take a picture of my food, too!" she insisted. Future food blogger right here.



4 comments:

  1. I am lucky enough to have been able to move to the same town as my parents. I can't tell you how great it is to have them around and I LOVE that my girls get to have such close relationships with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! So cute about Olivia and the food. Also the braids! I used to do the same with my hair to get waves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so great that your parents will be closer! I also used to braid my hair overnight to get the waves :) That is so cute that Olivia wanted you to photograph her meal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. aw yay! having your parents closer will be so wonderful:) and how adorable - Olivia is totally a blogger in the making! :)

    ReplyDelete