Monday, August 27, 2012

Last Gymnastics Class

Jackson has been doing gymnastics for the past six months, and he has learned a lot. He is awesome at doing somersaults; he even taught Olivia how to do them. His balance has also improved dramatically. Who knows, he may do another class in the future. Right now he is going to switch to swim lessons for awhile. So today was his last class. It was also pajama day!
 


 
He is such a little monkey.


 
For dinner last night, I made the banh mi sandwiches from Veganomicon with the five-spice dipping broth. My favorite recipe ever. It used to take me forever to make the seitan, but it gets easier with practice. And the payoff is always worth it.
 
 
I also grilled some okra and zucchini from our CSA box. Do you like okra? Some find it too slimy. I love it. Luckily, my kids share my love for it. We grill it and eat it up like candy.

 
Hope you are having a great day!
 

3 comments:

  1. Aww how fun for Jackson! I was just talking to my mom recently about how I wish I had done more sports when I was a kid. Swimming came up in conversation because I would LOVE to be in the pool. They'd have to drag me out. :)

    Great looking meal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for exercise! I'm into okra, but I'm the only one. My Arkansas bred hubby only likes them the way his mama made them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. aw how fun! gymnastics is such a great activity for kids - i did it for 8 years and loved it!

    ReplyDelete