Thursday, November 14, 2013

Two Meals Out

Here are a couple of recent restaurant meals...first, lunch with my parents at Austin Terrier. We shared the trio of fries -- regular, sweet paprika, and truffle parmesan.


I had the half soup/half sandwich lunch deal. The Toro sandwich, with broccoli, mushrooms, sprouts, melted provolone, and pesto mayo, could have used a punch of flavor. The same can't be said about the tomato basil soup; it was wonderful. Big, bright flavors.


Next up, our first visit to Buenos Aires Cafe. We started with garlic and herb-marinated olives. I was surprised to see bright red olives. 


We also shared the provoleta, grilled provolone cheese with oregano. 


I had the gnocchi quartet, a sampler of four gnocchi flavors: pumpkin-cinnamon, sweet potato-chipotle, cilantro-jalapeno, and herbed potato. The pumpkin was my favorite, very autumnal. Couldn't really taste the chipotle in the sweet potato gnocchi. The cilantro-jalapeno ones had a nice amount of heat. The gnocchi were served over sauteed green beans, red peppers, mushrooms, and artichoke hearts and dressed with basil oil and parmesan. 


The chimichurri sauce was the bomb. It came with Jackson and Olivia's empanadas, but I was scooping it into my bread, my gnocchi, whatever would hold it. Love me some chimichurri.


I've already given you most of our Halloween recap, but I came across some pics of trick-or-treating at Tony's work and I thought I'd share them.


His company put a lot of effort into making it fun for the kids. Check out this sweet robot handing out candy.


Olivia really wanted to get her hair colored.


A witchy version of Little Red Riding Hood.


Happy Halloween, one last time!







No comments:

Post a Comment