Thursday, April 12, 2012

Title, Who Needs A Title

After a nice morning at the park...


...I made Tofu Dill Salad Sandwiches from Vegan with a Vengeance for our lunch. They were really good. Bonus points for not having to use the oven or stove. I served them on rye bread cause it's my favorite.


Also, these Dr. Praeger's pancakes were on sale so I picked up a couple of different kinds. They are basically potato pancakes with broccoli or spinach added in. I thought it would be a good way to get some extra veggies in my kids.


You cook them by sticking them under the broiler for several minutes. This made me nervous because our broiler is wonky, but I watched them closely and they turned out fine. They have a nice, light texture and they are good with ketchup.


Finally, while the kids napped, I made Spicy Peanut Kale Chips from Sketch-free Vegan Eating. I used fancy dinosaur kale from Whole Foods instead of the typical curly kale that they sell at HEB. Dinosaur kale is a darker green than regular kale, almost black. However, I don't know if it is any more nutritious, and I couldn't really tell a difference in flavor. I just felt like trying something different.


Jackson and Olivia loved this flavor. For me it was a little salty. Next time I will use low-sodium soy sauce. I doubled the recipe since I had two bunches of kale, and it was a good thing I did. The chips are almost all gone. Success!

No comments:

Post a Comment