Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Review: Sun Warrior

Recently I received some samples of Sun Warrior protein powders to try out.


These powders contain only raw and vegan ingredients.  The Warrior Blend is made from pea protein, cranberry protein, hempseed protein, and coconut. The Sunwarrior Protein is made from brown rice.

I started with the Chocolate Warrior Blend. I combined it with soymilk, using the blender to really mix it up well.

You know how some protein powders have a chalky, artificial taste? That is not the case here. It's unbelievably good. I guess it's the hemp protein that gives it a distinctly nutty flavor. Almost like a chocolate-peanut butter shake. The shake I made with the Vanilla Warrior Blend was also delicious -- very creamy and filling.


I added some Natural Sunwarrior Protein to a smoothie made with strawberries, spinach, almond milk, vanilla, and stevia. I couldn't even tell it was there, except that it provided a slightly thicker consistency. Jackson and Olivia drank their smoothies down in record time, and I enjoyed mine as well. I definitely felt satisfied and full afterwards.


The next day we used Vanilla Sunwarrior Protein in a smoothie with peaches, soymilk, vanilla and stevia. Again, delicious and barely noticeable, except for added thickness.


The only thing I had bad luck with was adding some Natural Sunwarrior Protein to a bowl of overnight oats. They took on a chalky, weird flavor and I only ate a few bites. So it seems like these protein powders are better designed for blending into shakes and smoothies. I would totally recommend them if you are a smoothie drinker! Now that the weather has warmed up and we are starting to drink more smoothies, I think we will need to keep a pouch of Chocolate Warrior Blend on hand. That was my favorite out of the bunch.

Do you use protein powders? Do you have a favorite brand?

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review!! That is interesting that it contains cranberry protein, I've never heard of that! I use all Vega products and I like it a lot but if I ever feel the need to change I'll definitely give these powders a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that you reviewed these products , I was curious about them myself. After seeing your review I might go buy some of the protein powder myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i do like this kind the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of all i would like to thank you for the great and informative entry. I has to admit that I have never heard about this information I have noticed many new facts for me. Thanks a lot for sharing this useful and attractive information and I will be waiting for other interesting posts from you in the nearest future. Keep it up.sunwarrior raw vegan protein

    ReplyDelete