Friday, January 29, 2016

New Year's Day

Tony has a tradition of eating a big old steak on New Year's Day. I know, so lovely. Well, he is vegetarian by default about 90% of the time, so we compromise on this tradition. This year, we met up with my parents for lunch at Roaring Fork, a "wood fired" type restaurant in North Austin.

You know, the type of place where they serve your family-size sides of mashed potatoes and street corn in their own little cast iron pots. 


Blackberry margarita swirl had me swirled. Not really. It was like medium-strong. But yummy.


There is nothing on the Roaring Fork menu for vegetarians outside of the salads 'n' sides. I had a salad with arugula, goat cheese, figs, and candied nuts.


After lunch, Jackson helped me smudge our entire house with sage. Hippie alert! But it smells soooo good.


Out with the old, in with the new!


No comments:

Post a Comment