Friday, December 27, 2013

Santa Storytime

Hope you had a lovely Christmas! We just got back from visiting family and we are still getting settled in. 

Before heading out of town, we attended storytime at the rec center with two special guests...Santa and Mrs. Claus!

We started with crafts.



Then, after a story, the kids lined up to discuss their Christmas lists with the big man.


Olivia went into quite a bit of detail.


Afterwards, I made wraps for lunch. The wraps included Baked Falafel from Appetite for Reduction, Tzatziki Sauce from American Vegan Kitchen, Tofu Feta from Vegan on the Cheap, plus lettuce, tomato, cucumber, and kalamata olives. 


The folks at Cocozia sent me a generous sample of their product. I like drinking coconut water from time to time. It's "nature's Gatorade," great for rehydrating after exercise, high in potassium and magnesium. Compared to other brands I've tried, Cocozia has a light, neutral flavor, not super coconutty, and not too sweet, which I appreciate. I'm not looking for a lot of added sugar in my beverages. Cocozia is also organic and non-GMO. I wasn't paid to endorse or review this product, by the way, but I'd have to say it's probably my favorite brand now.


Coconut water makes an excellent, healthful base for fruit smoothies. I blended one up for me and the kids with frozen raspberries and strawberries, acai powder, walnuts, and a handful of kale.  I never thought to throw nuts into a smoothie before, but the walnuts were an excellent addition. Besides being full of heart-healthy fats and protein, walnuts taste great paired with strawberries.


Merry merry!


No comments:

Post a Comment