Monday, December 23, 2013

Ernie

We have an elf staying with us this month. His name is Ernie. Each morning we find him in the strangest of places.



Well, I shouldn't say every morning. Ernie can be a lazy elf. Last week he stayed in the same spot for three days. Jackson and Olivia wondered if he was sick. But then he showed up with lollipops, so it was okay.



It's too bad we're not allowed to touch Ernie (it will ruin his elf magic), because I'm sure he would love to be spoon-fed some delicious Mocked Clam Chowder from La Dolce Vegan.


The chowder is one of those recipes I'd been meaning to make for ages. Now I know, I was missing out all those years. It's so creamy and comforting, with chunks of kelp-seasoned tofu standing in for the clams. I topped it with homemade croutons left over from making Thanksgiving stuffing, but it would also be great with a hunk of fresh, crusty bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment