Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Almost Time To Go

Our home is becoming unrecognizable, with boxes everywhere. Poor Olivia. My sweet but high-strung baby girl is super nervous. It's her first move. She's been needing more cuddles and reassurance than usual. 


Jackson, on the other hand, is taking it in stride. Last night he was showing off his sweet breakdancing moves on the packing boxes.


Everything is an adventure for him. Besides, he is an old pro at this.


I made sure to walk around and take some final photos of our place, so Olivia can look at them when she is older. This was her first home. She learned to walk here.


We have shared many meals here.

 

This is the last one...cooked by me, anyway. It's take-out from now until Friday morning, when the movers come and we hit the road. I'm packing the kitchen as we speak.


Scrambled tofu, roasted broccoli, and home fries.

Speaking of last, this will most likely be my last post for a couple of weeks. I won't have my computer until the movers bring it, and I don't have a laptop.

But I do have car snacks.


And new toys to surprise the babies with over the course of our journey.


And soon, many more meals together in our new home.


We'll see y'all in Texas!

5 comments:

  1. Safe trip and an easy settling-in . . . You're a good Mama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your move! Kids are so resilient- we have moved several times with our two small children, twice before our baby turned 2, and they adjust quickly. I think it was harder for me to leave the places that I brought my babies home to, or where they learned to walk and talk...But you'll make so many more memories in your new place, too. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, I hope your move runs smoothly! Your family will do great - You guys all seem like a pretty strong unit. :)

    And YUM tofu scramble... I had one the other day that was beyond delicious! I need to steal the recipe.

    PS - I have those same plates, lol - had to do a double take when I saw them! :)

    Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, your children are so beautiful! I love how children always gravitate towards boxes. I guess they are too much fun :) I hope you have an easy and stress free move!

    ReplyDelete