Sunday, October 17, 2010

Lazy Saturday

It is a rare Saturday when we have absolutely no obligations or plans, but we just got back from Michigan and we're leaving on another trip later this week, so we thought we better take it easy for a couple days, catch up on laundry, all that fun stuff.

Lunch was simple - pitas with kalamata olive hummus, inspired by the Trader Joes variety that Jackson polished off all by himself. I made sure to make enough so Tony and I could have some, too!

Kalamata Hummus
1 15-oz. can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
10 kalamata olives, pitted
2 Tbsp. tahini
2 Tbsp. lemon juice
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp. salt
2 cloves garlic, chopped
Puree all ingredients in food processor until creamy.


In spite of my supposed laziness, I guess I did feel like cooking, because dinner got a little fancy. It was the return of the seitan saltado, this time with the addition of guac and homemade sour cream (recipe from Vegan on the Cheap). It turned out just as amazing the second time around.



Another thing I had time for this weekend was to go back and reply to some of your comments. Thank you SO much for coming here and reading about my little kitchen adventures, and for all your kind words!

4 comments:

  1. Making this this week
    I am so bored with my regular hummus recipe:(
    This meal with the chips looks really good:)
    Gosh been off the comp so long, cannot find the subscribe button

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lazy Saturdays are the best! That saltado looks awesome. I've got to check out that sour cream recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks YUMMYY and so much cheaper than Trader Joes - even with canned garbanzos - (home cooked are just a couple pennies per cup) I love different additions to hummus, makes it like a whole new dip/spread with just a few changes...

    ReplyDelete
  4. as usual you have left me feeling hungry!!

    ReplyDelete