Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Halloween Prep

Hey all, I am thrilled to report that Olivia's ear surgery went fine yesterday and she is doing absolutely great! She was a little fussy yesterday as the anesthetic wore off, but today she is back to her usual sweet and playful self.  We're keeping her away from Play-doh for the next couple of years, by the way.

 Do you have your Halloween decorations up yet? We put up ours over the weekend. 



I've never seen two kids who love rats and skeletons so much. Truly, they are my offspring.


"Look, Daddy, a femur!"


Tonight's dinner was Vietnamese French Dip Sandwiches from Veganomicon. Awhile back I asked you guys to tell me your favorite vegan cookbook recipe ever. This is mine.


Today was the first day that it really felt like fall here in Austin. After dinner I took a walk around the neighborhood and breathed in the crisp, cool air. I love this time of year.  We've been keeping the kids busy with one fall activity after another. I'll post some pics soon.

Hope you're having a good day.

7 comments:

  1. Something about that cute little baby holding rats is....really hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear Olivia is doing well! Your decorations look great, I LOVE Halloween! It is such a fun day. Yummy sandwich!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad things worked out with Olivia! I don't decorate much for Halloween but I do plan to pick up a pumpkin this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad your girl is on the mend. We don't have any outside Halloween decorations and my kids keep asking why. I should get on that....

    I loved the fall weather today! I'm off to a pumpkin patch tomorrow with my girl's class and am so excited that it will actually feel fall-like.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been wanting French Dip. I will have to use the book!

    Glad everything went well with the ear surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, that sandwich looks delicious! I've been eyeing it for a long time in Veganomicon.

    I'd like to honor you with a Liebster Award! You can pick it up at my blog http://bananasforsmoothies.blogspot.com

    I am glad to have found your blog and I appreciate your support during MoFo! :) Bethany

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, a type of sandwich I've yet to try!

    ReplyDelete