Sunday, July 25, 2010

Where to begin...

Hi, I'm Sara. Nice to meet you. I am a stay-at-home mom of two awesome kiddos: Jackson, who is almost two, and baby Olivia. They keep me busier than any job I’ve ever had, but I’m grateful to be able to spend so much time with them while they are young. No matter how much other stuff I have going on, I try to make healthy vegan eating a priority. Luckily, I love to cook, so hanging out in the kitchen is almost a retreat for me, it relaxes me (until Jackson starts poking Olivia with the spatula or taking all the condiments out of fridge one by one...then, not so relaxing.)

I’ve been vegetarian almost all my life, and I went vegan after the birth of Olivia in March 2010. It was the result of wanting to adopt a healthier diet in order to have more energy and lose my baby weight, and also reading the book Eating Animals and watching the movie Food, Inc. around that time.

It simply felt like the right time. A year ago, I could NOT give up dairy no matter how much I pictured the little baby cows being taken from their mothers! But as it happens so often in life, something that was a big deal (cheese on my pizza) stopped being a big deal.

After many years of cooking, I’m the first to admit that I don’t have a creative bone in my body and it’s still much easier for me to follow a recipe than come up with my own. I'm trying to relax my perfectionist tendencies and spend more time just playing around with ingredients. Hopefully this blog will inspire me to do that.

So, I hope you enjoy reading my veggie ramblings. Welcome!

2 comments:

  1. Well I just read through the whole blog. It meets with my approval. I will add you to my list.

    ReplyDelete