Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Mother's Day 2015

I know, I am just now getting around to posting about Mother's Day. Better late than never! Jackson made me a sweet little handprint bouquet at school.


The whole family got me a few kitchen goodies I had on my Amazon wishlist. I received a rotating cake stand for cake decorating, a new nonstick skillet, and a popsicle mold!


We went to Counter Culture for brunch. As you'd expect on a holiday, the restaurant was busy and the wait was long, although worth it of course. Our server brought us some chips and salsa to pass the time.


I also entertained myself by taking pictures of Tony among the Caribbean colors and tropical plants that line the patio.


Jackson and Olivia both ordered the blueberry pancakes.


Tony had the Tofu Rancheros, a tofu scramble with corn, beans, avocado, and salsa served on tortillas, with a side of home fries.


I had the East Side Quesadilla, stuffed with cashew cheeze, seitan sausage, potatoes, onions and peppers. It came with salsa and spicy aioli. Best quesadilla I've ever had!


Tony and I also shared a side of tempeh bacon, which was so good. 


Hope all the mamas out there had a lovely day!


No comments:

Post a Comment