Monday, September 17, 2012

Sudsy Fun

This afternoon, once it became clear that Jackson and Olivia weren't interested in napping, I quickly turned to my Pinterest boards for inspiration. Result: soap painting!  


I wasn't too sure about using the paint in the tub, until I found out whether it stained. So we headed out on the deck. The kids dug in, squishing the goopy mixture in their hands.

When I informed them that this was a special paint and they could paint themselves, that's when the grins and good times really started. Soon they were covered from head to toe in colorful suds.


After a rinse in the pool, they were squeaky clean. (And the bubbles didn't stain their swimsuits or anything else, so I'm sure it's fine to use in the bathtub.)

We had a light dinner of soup and veggies. I made Nigella Lawson's pea and pesto soup, a longtime favorite.

I fired up my indoor grill pan and charred some summer squash and okra.


I also roasted some little potatoes we got from the CSA. I had no idea they were bright purple on the inside, until I cut into them!

Quite a colorful day, overall.

5 comments:

  1. Oooh how fun!! I want to do that lol! You are such a great mom :) And dinner looks yummy too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, the pea soup looks almost like one of the soaps! The okra and potatoes look great. I wish I had a way to grill here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like so much fun! I actually made soap crayons for my nephews for Christmas last year :) Pinterest has everything huh? Oh and I am totally checking out the pea pesto soup!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. soap painting!? how creative! sounds like a super fun activity!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun day you had, those purple potatoes are so colorful.

    ReplyDelete