Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Thanksgiving 2015

Feels weird writing a Thanksgiving post after Christmas, but that's life. Thanksgiving dinners are always rather brown, aren't they? We actually had two Thanksgiving feasts this year and they were both heavy on the brown tones. Even the green beans take on a brownish hue when incorporated into the ubiquitous green bean casserole. Thanksgiving alchemy at work.


First we celebrated a few days early with my parents. My mom did all the cooking and would not accept anyone else lifting a finger! For me there was sweet potatoes, corn, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, stuffing, and rolls.


Nice family photo.


Take two.


Then it was off to Oklahoma for Thanksgiving #2 with my mother-in-law. I had my usual car meal, a hummus falafel wrap from Tom's Tabooley.


More brown in the form of corn, mashed potatoes, broccoli rice casserole, rolls, and sweet potatoes.


Schrodinger's Thanksgiving leftovers...is it margarine, or mashed potatoes? WHO CAN KNOW FOR SURE?


And other brown meals followed. Golden Corral? Golden mac n cheese, yes, but also heavy on the brown.


Another brown/gold combination, nachos at Iguana in OKC. Thankfully, our sangria swirls were not brown!


The first part of our visit, the weather was fantastic, so we were able to meet up with my friend Sunshine and her kids. We let them run wild on the OU campus while reminiscing about our college days there.




A storm blew in on Thanksgiving Day, and the cars got covered in ice. Such a novelty for my Texas kiddos.


Scraping (and eating) the ice. Observing nature while also testing and strengthening their immune systems. Win-win.


Hope you had a lot to be thankful for this year. I know I did.


No comments:

Post a Comment