Thursday, May 17, 2012

Paleteria La Selva

After spending the morning at the playground, the kids and I cooled down with some sweet treats from Paleteria La Selva, a little Mexican-style ice cream parlor. They have over 30 flavors of paletas, or popsicles. There was every fruit flavor you can think of -- guava, papaya, grape, etc. -- and even some savory flavors, like cucumber-chili. We tried the strawberry, Mexican vanilla, and chocolate flavors.


They were so good. Can't wait to go back and sample the other varieties.


When we got home, we made some food to take to a friend who just had a baby. I made the Almost-Instant Chickpea Tomato Soup from Vegan on the Cheap...


...and the Peanut "Better" Cookies from Vive le Vegan. I "had" to eat one of the cookies to make sure they turned out okay, and honestly, these are the best peanut butter cookies I've ever had! They have a wonderful chewy texture and they look adorably retro, with their little fork tine indentations.


Finally, we made an exciting purchase at Home Depot -- a new grill! Tony is so proud of his new baby. It is half charcoal and half gas. I know we will get a lot of use out of it.

2 comments:

  1. Ooh I bet you guys will make good use of that grill. Then you can cool down with more paletas! I've seen lots of recipe books about them recently but haven't tried them. They look pretty though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's quite the grill! It'll be fun to use over the summer.

    The popsicles sound great, especially the cucumber chili flavor. I'd love to try that!

    ReplyDelete