Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Girly Girls

For lunch today I picked up a hummus tabouli wrap from Tom's Tabooley. Tom has a little sit-down restaurant by the UT campus and he also sells these wraps in health food stores all over town.


Delicious! Tom makes the best tabouli (OK, tabooley.)


Later, I attempted to make the Live Mango Gazpacho from The 30 Minute Vegan. It got off to a gorgeous start. All those bright colors, how could it be bad?


It wasn't bad! But it also wasn't soup. It was more like a salsa. A chunky, delicious salsa that walked the line between sweet and hot. We ate it with tortilla chips and called it dinner.


My lunchtime wrap got me thinking about hummus (it doesn't take much.) So I also made a bowl of chipotle lime hummus. Chipotle powder is one of my new favorite pantry staples.


Miss Olivia got her nails did for the first time today. My daughter is a tomboy who plays firetrucks with Jackson and tries her best to climb trees, but she also has her girly-girl moments. She is thrilled with her new manicure. I don't have a picture, but I painted mine to match. I guess I have my girly-girl moments, too. 

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome that those wraps are around town like that. I love stuff like that.

    The soup turned salsa sounds perfect! Such pretty colors, too.

    Speaking of pretty colors, look at those pretty nails on Miss Olivia! Such a cutie. :)

    ReplyDelete