Saturday, May 12, 2012

Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day!

If you're looking for a last-minute sweet treat to make for your mom, may I suggest some Banana Split Bites. I made these with Jackson and Olivia and they only take a few minutes to assemble. If you don't have mini cupcake liners like the recipe suggest, no sweat, just lay out the fruit on a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper before you spoon the chocolate over it. After the chocolate hardens, the treats will peel right off the parchment.

Jackson made me some presents at school. He painted a little wooden box and glued jewels on it. Inside was a picture of him and a rock with googly eyes that he also painted. I am such a sucker for anything made by my kids.


Of course, my best Mother's Day present is the one I receive every day -- the love of these two awesome little humans.

3 comments:

  1. Aww Happy Mother's Day Sara! They were such beautiful babies and are now beautiful children :) Your banana split bites look great, I bet they loved them! Hope you have a great day with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your Banana Split Bites look outrageously delish! And your children are absolutely precious! Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Mother's Day to you, too! I hope it was wonderful for you.

    ReplyDelete