Sunday, May 20, 2012

Checking In

Hey y'all, I know I haven't been around much. Blame Game of Thrones. Tony and I started watching it and now I'm hooked. Whenever the kids nap or go to bed early, instead of writing blog posts, I've been glued to the TV. I still have a few more episodes of the first season to go and then I'm going to start reading the books.


This weekend I went to the Renegade Craft Fair and blew a little cash on myself. We all need to do that once in awhile, right?

I can't wait to wear my new shirt.


I also bought a mermaid necklace and a hair clippy.


I liked that a lot of the sellers this year were local. I bought a little vial of lovely perfume oil from one of them.


I adore perfume oils. Back when I was employed, before Olivia was born, I spent loads of money feeding my perfume habit. Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab is my favorite. It doesn't really fit in our budget these days, but luckily I built up quite a stash that I'm still working my way through.

We also cooked out this weekend. While Tony manned the grill, I made fried green tomatoes. Actually they were oven-baked.


We had veggie burgers topped with grilled onions, grilled corn on the cob with Veganaise, chili powder and lime, collard greens, and the fried green tomatoes.


I think this was Olivia's first time eating corn on the cob. She thought it was really fun.


For dessert, I made chocolate mousse using silken tofu and chocolate hemp protein powder. I layered it with organic strawberries.


How was your weekend?

3 comments:

  1. That shirt is amazing!! I'm so jealous! :) The meal looks delicious and Olivia is adorable with her corn :) Dessert looks great too! Lots of fried green tomatoes going around these days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously LOVE Game of Thrones! So addicted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha --- that's a sweet shirt! It took me a couple times to get it -- hahah ... My mouth is definitely watering over your chocolate mousse! YUM!

    ReplyDelete