Saturday, May 26, 2012

Miscellanea

Here's a few recent eats that didn't make into other posts.

 Tony's been after me to try Tacodeli, where he occasionally grabs lunch with his coworkers. After being married to me for this long, he knows what I'll like. So one day, after tumbling class, I stopped by with the kids. It was kind of a madhouse. It's popular with office workers, so there was a lot of rushing in and out, and it was loud. Not the best place to dine with kids right at the noon hour. That's why we got our tacos to go.

Tacodeli offers seven different vegetarian tacos, and we tried three of them. The Florentino, a spinach taco, was yummy, and what could be healthier than a whole wheat tortilla full of sauteed spinach? The veggie taco, containing carrots, onion, celery, zucchini, and cabbage, was all right. It felt slightly weird to be eating celery and cabbage on a taco. Just an odd taste. Our favorite was the Papadulce, filled with roasted sweet potato and toasted pepitas (pumpkin seeds). It was also the most filling of the three. I need to remember to make some sweet potato tacos at home one of these days. Good stuff.


Hummus with chipotle chili powder. Smoky and spicy!


Mushroom risotto. I sauteed the mushrooms in Earth Balance and garlic, then gave them a splash of balsamic vinegar.


Steamed snap peas. I don't know why I never tried giving these to the kids before! They loved them! A sprinkle of sea salt was all they needed.


Zevia cola was on sale at Natural Grocers. I'd never tried it before. I drink caffeine-free Diet Coke on occasion -- no more than one a day, but I know it's still not the best habit. So I wanted to try a natural alternative. Zevia is super good! To me it tastes like Diet Coke with a squirt of lemon. I like it better than the Diet Coke, actually, so maybe it'll be an easy switch.


To celebrate the launch of her new website, Robin Robertson is giving away five of her awesome cookbooks. Check out her new site and enter to win by 5/28!

We're just having a little sprinkler fun this morning. How's your weekend going?


1 comment:

  1. I love a good taco! and that sweet potato one sounds fabulous! Mushroom risotto --- yum!!!! and the pics of your kids playing in the sprinkler are precious:) yay for summertime!

    ReplyDelete