Friday, September 4, 2015

Things I Have Eaten

One week last month, Tony worked long days downtown at the convention center, usually getting home after 9 pm. Since he wasn't joining us for dinner, the kids and I ate out often. 

Big-ass house salad with cashew tamari dressing from Mothers. I was craving greens and this salad was bigger than my head!


Red-Hot BLT's from Isa Does It. Hot sauce-marinated tempeh makes these sandwiches super good.


Staring contest over cereal, super intense.


Frozen matcha latte, a summer necessity.


Rebbl maca mocha. Chocolaty herbal goodness, worth the $3.99.


Wheatsville tofu poboy with cashew tamari dressing, and a sparkling grapefruit yerba mate.


Also from Wheatsville, a Red Rabbit Co-op pink lemonade donut!


New England Glam Chowder from Isa Does It. I shut the blinds and pretend it's a rainy, cold autumn day when I eat this hearty stew.


Garden fairy Olivia.


Turmeric tonic, made by heating soymilk and then blending it up with turmeric, vanilla, and stevia.


A tiny friend on the patio. I thought it was a leaf until it hopped.


Sunday Morning Pancakes from Let Them Eat Vegan. I like the slight crunch that chia seeds add.


Looking at the world from a different perspective.


Tofu Mushroom Stroganoff from Isa Does It. The best.


Tony relaxing with Jackson after a long week. 


Tony had been eating out all week too, so I offered to cook for him, but he was craving a bowl from Bouldin Creek so off we went. He had the Buddha Bowl topped with sauteed cubed tofu.


I had the Aztec Bowl with rice, broccoli, sprouts, zucchini, and chipotle pesto.


This month, fewer restaurants, more home cookin'!



No comments:

Post a Comment