Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Quarry Splash Fun

Today we met up with my friend Jennifer and her girls at the Quarry splash pad. It was our first time there and I was pretty impressed. It is huge!


I was soaked by one of these water cannons within two minutes of arrival. You can't go to a splash pad and not get wet!


Jackson and Olivia spent about an hour just going down the waterslide, over and over.



"Again, again!"


My mom's neighbor gave us a bunch of plums from her tree, and they are Olivia's favorite snack.


Dinner was Sesame Soba with Tofu and Broccoli from One-Dish Vegan. The tofu had a great flavor, but the tahini sauce was a little heavy for the delicate soba noodles. I would make it again using spaghetti noodles.


For dessert we had homemade vegan ice cream. I used a recipe from The Vegan Scoop for cardamom-rosewater ice cream. Yay, a reason to use the bottle of rosewater that lingers in my fridge!


No comments:

Post a Comment