Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Blues and Greens

It's spring in Texas, so the bluebonnets are in bloom! 


I made Jackson and Olivia pose for an impromptu photo session after school one day. The field next to Jackson's pre-k is full of these beautiful blooms!


It was windy, can you tell?


This week I gave homemade kimchi a whirl, using this recipe. It was super easy and the result was delicious. I used a lot of ginger because that's how I like it, and a medium heat level. Next time I'll go hotter, haha. Kimchi is full of healthful probiotics that are great for digestion! I throw it on top of salads, in a wrap, or on a veggie burger.


I also dehydrated some spicy chipotle kale chips from Ani's Raw Food Essentials. These were a little too hot for Jackson and Olivia, but Tony said they make a good, healthy substitute when he is craving chips and salsa. The recipe called for 2 Tbsp. oil and I would cut that way down. The kale chips still stuck to the dehydrator trays! Next time I will use cooking spray on my trays and a lot less oil on the chips themselves.


Finally, dinner was minty pea soup from Great Gluten-Free Vegan Eats. We are by no means gluten-free, but I'm interested in maybe eating less of it, and this cookbook looked to have some tasty recipes in it. This soup is the only one I've tried so far. I enjoyed the refreshing addition of mint.


No comments:

Post a Comment